Monday, January 16, 2012

"No Ma'am, I Won't Watch Your Kids"

So, I had one of those days at work. It started bad and kept getting worse.




Lady: "Could you watch my kids for a second? I don't get very good cell phone reception inside the store."


Me: "I'm sorry, but there is a liability issue with you leaving your kids with an employee."


Lady: "You mean you won't watch my kids?"


Me: "Unless it's a life and death emergency, no."


Lady: "I want to speak with your manager."


Me: "Be my guest."


Lady: "I'm going to ask for them to reprimand you."


Me: "I'm sure you are. If you follow me, my manager is right over this way."


Lady: "I don't have time to deal with this right now."




........And.......




Man: "Do you have any garlic bread?"


Me: "We do. It's right over here."


Man: "Does it have the green stuff in it?"


Me: "Green stuff?"


Man: "Yeah, those green bits in it. In the garlic spread?"


Me: "Do you mean parsley?"


Man: "Yeah, the green stuff."


Me: "Yes, there is parsley in the garlic spread."


Man: "I don't like that stuff. Do you have any spread without the green stuff?"


Me: "Unfortunately, we do not. This is how the garlic spread is sent to us."


Man: "Can you pick it out?"


Me: "Wha....?


Man: "If you had tweezers or something, maybe you could pick it out?"


Me: "I'm very sorry....but no."




......And......




Lady: "What is it that you have sampled today?"


Me: "It's a new product. It's a blue berry scone."


Lady: "But I don't like blue berries."


Me: "Oh, I'm sorry. How about a bakery cookie?"


Lady: "I don't want a cookie. I want cheese cake."


Me: "I'm sorry, we're not sampling cheese cake today."


Lady: "So, you're not going to put out cheese cake samples?"


Me: "Ummm, no."


Lady: "Fine! I'll eat your stupid scone."




(Sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEBRUARY 2020 POSTS

  Julie will sometimes drop something off in my car while I am at work. She dropped off something tonight unexpectedly , and we're proba...